Laptop Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mojorisin, Mar 28, 2007.

1. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Hi Guys

Got a problem with a laptop screen the laptop is made by Mitac and is a 8575A model

the problem is concerning the lcd screen when i power the unit on the screen just goes bright white and wont display anything although you can turn the brightness up and down

Also the external screen works fine when i plug a monitor in

The chipset in this laptop is based around the SIS650 chipset

I have read on various website searches that this can be the board sending a signal to the screen and overpowering the screen and making everything white

I know that the screen and the cables work as i have another laptop the same and i have tried it with the screen and cables and get the same result

Could this be more to do with the board ?

Anyone had this problem before ?

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Did you try that other laptops screen on your laptop? What was the outcome?

3. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Yes tried both screens and cables on faulty laptop and on good laptop and the screens where fine

So the problem seems to be something on the board of the faulty one but seeing as the graphics are built in then i cant replace the faulty part

I have seen elsewhere something about voltage causing this on the board not sure if it can be reset though as the screen does get a signal from the laptop just overdoes the power to each pixel as i understand it

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  4. arionstar35

arionstar35 New Member

hi there, i am new to this site. if the laptop is working with your other screen the the problem is not the motherboard but has to be something with in the lcd lid backlight, inverter. since the screen is with then the back light is working and it has to be the inverter.

5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF, however this thread is over 6 months old, so I would have thought this issue would have been resolved by now 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Good shout wizard - I hadn't noticed that at all.... I wonder sometimes how these people got on with their problems.....

Welcome arionstar35 - enthuasiasm like that will go far here :)
    Come join us more!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  7. vjhalai

vjhalai Banned

It seems as though there may be a fault on your motherboard. I have found a company who repair laptop motherboards and if they cant fix it they wont charge you a penny, so there is nothing to lose. I have provided a link to there site below.

Linked removed