MTA 98-375 Exam Failed! Help!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by machupiku, Sep 28, 2014.

1. machupiku

machupiku New Member

I failed by a few "points" (god knows how they are calculated as they insist not a % etc etc). Anywhoo, whilst I cannot know what I got wrong, I'm gonna assume it was the ones i wasn't sure of. A couple I just panicked on, came home, looked up, and realised what the answer should be. I could I didn't recognise at all came back, searched the pdf I saved of my electronic version of the course book (studying with computeach) and eventually found the ONE SENTENCE that vaguely linked to the question. Not something that seemed vital, certainly not something involved in any of the practical tasks or practice questions. Some of them, can't find anywhere in the book, and even searching internet finding hard to work out correct answer. Im going to have to retake and now am worried. How do I know what things to learn that are not in the course book, and how do I know what tiny sentences I need to memorise? I thought the exam was supposed to test understanding but this was more of a memory test.
    I'm re-reading my book, course notes, and the two other books I got on HTML/Javascript. Im watching any videos on MVA that seem relevant but Im concerned that this will be of little use if I get those kind of questions again. It would be easier if id done a "real" course but none in my area (especially as fitting round work) so online course the only option.

HELP! PLEASE!:cry:

2. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Don't be too disheartened on failing. I passed this exam, but I certainly didn't find it easy. In fact it was definitely one of the hardest exams I have taken. I self studied for it using the MOAC book. When I took the exam, I was quite taken aback at some of the questions that I was getting as I didn't recall the book having any information on them. Unfortunately, I cannot offer much help with this, but I would advise to try and maybe broaden your study material (different books, videos etc).

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect