How to start my IT career path

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Villain, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Villain

Villain New Member

I'm 21 years old and im really into computer and technology, I have build my own pc and learned it on my own. I have a highschool diploma, go to college but only taking two classes. I have many job experiences that i think it wont matter.

My question is what do i need under my belt to get my IT job started. Do i need to get a comptia a+ certification first or is anything else recommend first? If so where do i go to apply and what kinda of jobs are available with such certification?

2. dominoe

dominoe Nibble Poster

the A+ is a good place to start to get a good grounding in IT and its easy to do via self study. MTA is also another good option, any apprentiship schemes in your area and or Voluntary work are also good ways to get more experience, as this is some time more valuable than certs

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MTA
  3. Vince Polston

Vince Polston Nibble Poster

Hey there Villain. Awesome choice. Being in the IT field is great. I would strongly suggest getting a good foundation to build your IT career on; so starting with the CompTIA A+ would be a good idea. You should check out Professor Messer's videos and buy the A+ Exam Cram by David Prowse. Even with those great resources though; you passing is entirely on you. Set realistic goals and push yourself. If you have any questions along the way I would be glad to answer them :thumbsup: