CCNA - Silly question

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by baldie, Mar 2, 2007.

1. baldie

baldie Bit Poster

Bit of a silly question this....but....I've just passed the ICND exam (already done the intro) so have my CCNA, does this mean that I can now put CCNA after my name?

2. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Heck, why not. It's yours isn't it ? You earned it.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

As long as it's within the guidelines of the use of the term "CCNA" that CISCO states, you can do what you want with it (restricted freedom :) ). Microsoft give a large leaflet on "do's & dont's" on how to use the logos, etc...

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Kitkatninja

Just found this: Cisco Agreement

Check out page 6 section 7 on how to use the term CCNA after your name.

7. Text References
    7.1 The marks may be used standalone or in phrases.... etc
    7.2 Say: "Jane Smith is certified under the CCNA® Program" or "John Smith, CCNA® certified"
    7.3 Do Not say: Jane Smith is a CCNA"...

See the link for the full documentation.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. laup

laup Byte Poster

Good job i havent recieved my welcome pack since november ive been walkin round with M$ pro tattooed on my forehead.

Can someone confirm if thats allowed?

Certifications: IC3,A+, N+, 70-270, CCNA
    WIP: CCDA/Job :>
  6. Kitkatninja

Dude if you want the MS Pro tattooed on your head, maybe, if you ask nicely, MS will pay you advertising :lol:

But if you want to see the terms and conditions for actually using the MS logo/mark, see here.

Hope this helps :)

-Ken

7. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

As long as it's done stylishly and neatly like the bloke below, then I reckon you're okay.

[​IMG]

8. Kitkatninja

He looks like a living voodoo doll :eek:

9. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Yeah, but imagine the kind of positive advertising it would be for Cisco if he'd had CCNA tattoed on his forehead instead of the tattoo he has there currently.

10. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

I have never seen anyone put the following: John Smith, CCNA® certified

Usually it is John Smith, CCNA

But if you are concerned with following every single rule and reg to the T....

I can just say that it would be hard to live if you followed every single rule and regulation in our lives. Common Sense should be the rule of the day.

But...I am not Cisco and your milage might varry.

On a business card you might want to do it right especially if you use their logo.

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall
  11. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

If you want to take it one step further, you can also employ one of several variations currently under licence. For example:

John Smith, CCNA
    (Class of `07)

or

John Smith, CCNA
    (Jobseeker Extraordinaire)

or

John Smith, CCNA
    (Jedi Knight of the Old Republic)

As you can see, there are lots of possibilities out there.

12. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

edited...thought better of poking light at my means of making a living.

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall
  13. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Aw, come on.

14. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

baldie,

I would check with the "Cisco Systems - Career Certifications & Paths - Certification Tracking System."

Link:

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  15. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I've gone blind! Oh, the horror! :eek:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  16. Mikey Franks

Mikey Franks New Member

Hello

Can anybody tell me if i can put CCNA after my name at work, i have CCNA discovery 1 and 2, also i have Microsoft MTA OS & Server can i put MTA or Microsoft Professional? Other people at work use CCNA, compTIA A+ and MS Professional, as far as i can tell CCNA Discovery 1&2 are higher certs than compTIA A+ and i have Microsoft certificates that say Microsoft Certificated Professional and MS Technology Associate.

I'm new at the job (System support Consultant) and its my first IT company, so i don't want to come across foolish on my E-mail signature lulz

17. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Personally speaking I don't put anything certification wise on my email signature because it looks... crass I guess is a good enough word.

Sure you worked hard getting the certification but usually the only place I have that at work is on my CV, sure on a website use it as part of a signature but in the work place you already have the job, why bother going down the route of pasting it on your email sig?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  18. Mikey Franks

Mikey Franks New Member

Thanks Simon, probably doesn't matter, its skills that count not certificates i guess...

19. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I once worked someplace with 4-5 PhDs, a new joiner joined and put BSc in his email sig, instantly everyone thought he was a douche...

Moral of story, learn stuff to be knowledgeable and help people, not to put letters after your name.

20. jaronanderson

jaronanderson New Member

Yes, why not,you can add CCNA with your name.It's really very amazing and interesting things.