How do I answer this specific evidence question on a job application?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by jackie11, Oct 25, 2014.

1. jackie11

jackie11 New Member

Hi there

How do I answer this specific evidence question on a job application?

Q. Analysis, problem solving and creative thinking:
    Describe a difficult problem that you have solved. State how you decided which were the critical issues, say what you did and what your solution was. What other approaches could you have taken?

As I havent really faced anything that challenging in my work life so far, and ive already used a few examples of situations Ive come across whilst studying at uni to answer other questions like this; would it be appropriate to use either how I got rid of my period pain or lost a bit of weight so that my clothes fit a lot better to answer this question? As I really cant think of anything else. Or maybe I could write about learning to drive and eventually passing my test? Except i cant really see where creative thinking would come into this? Maybe coming up with new routes to drive to broaden my road experience to get better at driving?

I used creative thinking more when i lost a bit of weight and it was still a difficult problem for me.

Many thanks
    Jackie

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  2. Mr_Cellophane

Mr_Cellophane Nibble Poster

You must be in your early twenties, at least, been though university and never had any problems to solve ! I wish I had your life !!

Certifications: MCSE, MCDST, MCNE, PRINCE 2 and ITIL
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

You can use personal circumstance too i'm sure, as long as it shows that you are looking at a situation, working out where the problems are and addressing them in the right order/fashion etc.

Or as you say use examples from a different time, such as University.

I used to run a pub restaurant and when I moved into IT I had no IT experience to talk of, so i just explained about issues I had running the pub restaurant and so on. Went down very well actually.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!