Volunteering or Work Experience.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Eilidhbob27, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Eilidhbob27

Eilidhbob27 Bit Poster

Hi,

I'm looking at volunteering or doing some free work placements. I've sent out dozens of e-mails to local IT companies seeking this type of work but I've had no response.

Are there any IT managers/recruiters that could give me advice on how best to approach this topic?

Regards
    Eilidhbob

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Why? you mentioned in a previous post that you're already working for a company, stick with that one and learn on the job.

Failing that find some local charities and go in rather than emailing (you should always follow up on emails with a phone call).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Eilidhbob27

Eilidhbob27 Bit Poster

I only work 3 in 7 at the moment. I have the chance for 5 in 7 in a few months so I just want to get as much experience as possible.

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I have a friend who couldn't find work experience in his city but managed to find it in london and stayed there for like two weeks... has it helped him? Not really but it will show massive dedication.. maybe try his method if you're that desperate.