exam Preperations

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by Mix'Creations, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Mix'Creations

Mix'Creations Nibble Poster

Hi im nearing the end of the ciw website manager course, currently on section 4 part c.Im concious ill need to take the exams soon, but how do you prepare etc, i mean do you go over the particular material you are about to sit for, or what?. How do you who have been in this situation do things please.I mean ive enjoyed the course and have been very active, but as far as exams i wouldnt like to go into them blindfold if you get my drift.

i would appreciate any feedback as im sure other students have felt the same.

Im with a TP and there ok, i asked them a similar question and got a loads of links lol.I know about Ucertift Prep kits..Maybe there the answer?

Cheers!

Ps: How did you all do on the exams btw?

Certifications: 1D0-510) CIW Web Foundations Associate,
    WIP: On route to Guru
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I tend to do practice exams before I take the real exam... doing practice exams helps you gauge where you are weak and strong. Work on your weak areas and do a practice exam again, just make sure it's a different practice exam, that way you don't get the same questions. When you start doing well on the exams, you're pretty much ready to sit the real one

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

While I haven't taken any CIW exams, I have taken quite alot of other exams.

The best general exam preparation advice I can give is the following:

1. Don't just rely on one source (it may have missed something)
    2. Go over everything (you may have missed something)
    3. Practice, practice, practice - hands on (theory will only get you so far)
    4. Use legit practice exams (these test where you're weak, non-legit ones can get you banned/disqualified)
    5. If you're not sure ask! (sometimes explainations can be a bit confusing)

Hope that helps :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Mix'Creations

Mix'Creations Nibble Poster

Certifications: 1D0-510) CIW Web Foundations Associate,
    WIP: On route to Guru
  5. zebidy

zebidy Bit Poster

I used the practice kit you can get from CIW, lots of practice questions and was really helpful without that I wouldn't have done so well.

PM me, I'm sure that there is some time left on the login for it.

Certifications: CIW Associate
    WIP: Learning asp.net / c#