Exam venues in the UK?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Basilios, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Basilios

Basilios New Member

Hi all,

Hopefully this is in the right sub-forum. For the life of me I cannot figure out where to book my A+ exam! I'm quite obviously not an internets n00b or lacking common sense, but so far I haven't been able to find anything. I emailed two places so far and all they did was offer me expensive training packages. Thankfully one of them was kind enough to understand I was self-studying and I asked him where I could take the exam - he gave me some links but they were all dead-ends (i.e. one of them actually was a dead link, the other two were for colleges offering training in Accountancy?!).

I live in Ipswich and I don't mind travelling into London. I just need a place to book! I feel slightly stupid asking this because I am sure I've probably just missed something somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks all :D

Certifications: ICDL
    WIP: A+, N+, S+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

https://securereg3.prometric.com/Welcome.aspx

:)

thats assuming Prometric still do CompTIA certs.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

4. Basilios

Basilios New Member

Thanks chaps.

The Prometric website doesn't seem to show anything for CompTIA unfortunately.

Pearson in my area leads me to the problem I had before - it shows me training centres! It's a bit of a head scratcher for me at the moment.

5. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  6. Basilios

Basilios New Member

Thanks mate - the link timed out but I've just emailed Pearson to get a straight answer instead of going around in circles. I must be an idiot; it just seems weird to me that none of the suggested venues advertise anything, and when I email them I get "Special price for you £1500 pass your A+ in 5 days!" offers but no information on just booking and writing the test :-D

I don't mind travelling! It's a necessary evil. I can't be picky, and coming from South Africa I'm used to driving over 100 miles to get anywhere decent!