COMPTIA A+ 2012 objectives and Details?

Discussion in 'A+' started by balakrish, May 6, 2012.

1. balakrish

balakrish New Member

Hi friend!
    I'm very new to these certifications and all. I want to know the objectives of COMPTIA A+ 2012 and where can i obtain official details about comptia a+ exam? Also what is the exam date? Please provide me with the best materials to prepare comptia a+. Thank you. Please help me.

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You can check out the 220-801 & 220-802 objectives on the CompTIA website here you have to provide your email etc to see them

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  4. balakrish

balakrish New Member

I have materials from Prof.Messer's site. But that says 220-701 & 220-702 materials. What is the difference?
    Are they old? can't i prep from those materials? anyways what is the best material to prep for comptia a+.

thank you,
    BalaKrish.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  5. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

You won't be able to find many 220-801/2 study materials out there yet as the exam has not yet been released, a lot of the books you can pre-order for an approximate release date depending on the book for between August through to October.

If you feel that you could study and pass the test within the next couple of months then it may be worth you going with the 2009 objectives on 220-701/2 which I did only a couple of months ago.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  6. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

im starting to study for the 2009 module.

would i be able to upgrade it? and would that be easier method than just waiting to do do the 2012 in a few months without doing the 2009?

7. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

all depends on personal choice for what you want to do, I thought about waiting for the 2012 objectives and then just taking that exam, but for all the work I had put in to my studies for the 2009 objectives I decided to just take the 2009 exams and then at some point in the future if I wanted I can take what I believe is called a 'bridge' exam to upgrade to the 2012 certification.

I am more than likely going to take another couple of certifications this year though and then after the 3 years expiration on my 2009 certification I may well take the next A+ depending on what is available at the time.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
    shocksl likes this.
  8. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

dont yout hintk the 2009 seems abit outdated, with all the XP stuff way of doing things?

9. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

If you didn't know, most businesses still run XP clients :eek:

Plus; once you understand what and how things are happening, transitioning to Windows 7 is easily done.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  10. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Yeah. XP is still around a lot. To put things in perspective, when I stopped the job as a field tech about 18 months ago (early 2011) and moved into my current job, I still hadn't seen XP is use in production outside of an IT department.

It was about 85% XP (including the XP based CE version), 5% Unix (used for servers by a few of our partners) and 10% older versions of Windows (2000/NT). One supermarket in UK uses serial-port mice. Serial-port! Mice! I hadn't seen one of these since I was a kid!

Legacy stuff hangs around a long time in IT. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we're still coming across the odd XP box chugging along into the 2020s.
    Although it is pleasing to see more people moving to 7 nowadays (it's so much nicer to use!)

I wouldn't bother waiting for the 2012 set, and studying for that. Get onto it now. Pass the 2009.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  11. Learntec Glen

Learntec Glen Bit Poster

Hi Fella, yoe can download both objectives for 220-801 & 802 from my skydrive. Just use the link below.

<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=E6FF99CB07274B3B&resid=E6FF99CB07274B3B%21254&authkey=AN4hlyKslQRRaDA" width="165" height="128" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Certifications: A+, Sec+, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, CVE
    WIP: Server 2012