Comptia A+ prices??

Discussion in 'A+' started by slowfade, Mar 30, 2005.

1. slowfade

slowfade Guest

For those of you studying or finished the Comptia A+ course, what the amount you paid for it? or rather how much is the usual price to go on this course? Im still set to do this course, even gonna get some books out just to get the general knowledge of it!

I know LOTS of places/companies do this course but i should think there be lot of prices difference too! My mate wants to do this course too, thats what got me interested in first place as he got bit of knowledge of inside of a computer like adding/repalacing stuff like motherboards & sound cards etc so he can help me in that department!

my mate says he dont have to pay for the course as the is signing on & my work is ending soon so he say i can sign on so i wont have to pay for it & come off the benefit straight away & look for a job that way i didnt have to pay for the course.
    Thanks

2. peplogic

peplogic New Member

I'm with Scheidegger and after some problems now doing the A+ Network+ for £1,500

Certifications: none yet!!!
    WIP: A+ Network+
  3. ladlee

ladlee Banned

I'm also with Scheidegger. I'm doing it for free because I complained about how outdated the course was & how shocked I was when I found out I'd have to pay for the exams myself. Its been 6month since I done an assignment & my personnal tutor ain't asked me where my next assignment is... Maybe she doesn't care?

4. Street

Street New Member

ohh maybe i should try that... i only found out yesterday that i would have to pay for the exams at the end!

5. peplogic

peplogic New Member

I checked that out about paying for the exams you do have to pay for them but once you have and you can prove it eg a copy of the comformacion letter then they say that they will refound the cost of your exams.

Certifications: none yet!!!
    WIP: A+ Network+
  6. Pie Eater

Pie Eater Nibble Poster

Hi all I just done my A+ OS the other day...it cost £100
    hope thats of help to someone..

Pie

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST
  7. maverik

maverik Bit Poster

Hi all, Im almost finished with the A+ corse work. I went with e-careers (www.e-careers.co.uk) cost £100 + VAT for the A+. Everything as far as I know is done online. I was also offered network+ for the same price. 8)

Certifications: BTEC ND in Computer Studies. A+
  8. NenMaster

NenMaster Bit Poster

maverik wil you have to pay for the exams, and how much are they? i defently want to do a a+ and network+

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Core And OS
  9. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Slowfade I might be completely wrong about this but I don't think signing on will cover training companies expenses with the DSS. Some colleges run A+ courses or Cisco IT essentials course which is basically the A+ syllabus. My advice would be to buy a good something like Sybex A+ Complete or Mike Myers A+ book both found at Amazon.co.uk. As for hands on experience if you and your mate can afford it buy a crappy old PC to practice stripping it apart and testing on. For courses try learn directs website to see the courses run in your area. There are two exams you need to pss to get an A+ and they cost roughly £100 a pop. Hope this helps...:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  10. NenMaster

NenMaster Bit Poster

i just purchased my A+ exam vouchers $125 each, also bopught that meyers book :D

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Core And OS
  11. slowfade

slowfade Guest

Well not been here for a while....My mate just bought the course from 'it distance learning' i think its that company, website comes up if u type it in serch in a engine. It costs him £320 inc Vat usually £350 i think. & tests costs £100 per test. It can be free at a colleges as me & my mate went for a chat about this course but i dont like the lecturer(pessimism negative attitude) & dont fancy going back college surrounded wit 17 y/o students. so i rather pay £300+ from a training company.

12. Simi

Simi New Member

I just got to know Simplilearn also started online comptia a+ training, sounds great indeed! the course price seems fine too. anyone else checked? is it worth?

13. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Wow, that has to be the oldest necro-post I've ever seen. 8 1/2 years!

Thought about starting a new thread yourself..?

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...